ONE in THREE women over age 50 and ONE in FIVE men over age 50 will experience osteoporotic fractures… OUCH!
Bone density testing can detect osteoporosis BEFORE the first fracture occurs.
Why should we care about Osteoporotic Bones?
- Osteoporosis is serious – Osteoporotic fractures cause increased morbidity and mortality.
- Good Treatments are available – Fracture risk can be reduced by about 50%.
- Osteoporosis is easy to diagnose – Bone density testing can detect osteoporosis BEFORE the first fracture occurs.
What can I do to prevent Osteoporosis?
- EAT RIGHT: Eat your daily recommended amounts of Calcium and Vitamin D.
- EXERCISE: Engage in regular weight-bearing and muscle strengthening exercise.
- MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE: Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
For more information on Osteoporosis, CLICK HERE