Booking Process – DEXA whole body scans
As part of the new amended Victorian regulatory requirements, a medical referral is required for DEXA Body composition scans, however, we have simplified the process for booking DEXA body composition scan as follows:
Option 1: Online referral process (quick and simple)
We have engaged the services of Dr Janet Macintosh , BSc (Hons) PhD BMed FRANZCR, to generate a referral for a DEXA Body composition scan. Dr Janet Macintosh is a Specialist Medical Practitioner who holds a specialist registration with AHPRA in Radiology.
- Please read carefully prior to completing online Questionnaire form for submission to Dr Janet Macintosh. There will be a discounted cost of $40 (Non-Medicare funded) for medical referral provided by Dr Macintosh for DEXA body composition scan.
- Select DEXA scan service and Book online
Option 2: External Referral process
- If you elect to use a Medical Practitioner or specified Allied Health Professional to provide a referral, download Body DEXA fit referral form here (other forms will not be accepted).
- A GP or specified Allied Health Professional can only refer if they satisfy 4 prescribed clinical indicators, but a Specialist Medical Practitioner is not subject to those restrictive clinical indicators.
- Book online, in the booking notes add name and profession of referring practitioner
- Email a copy of your referral to email@example.com
- Complete online Consent form
Find out more about the team at Body DEXA fit or check out our Google reviews