DEXA Scan, Metabolic Testing + MyDNA Diet, Fitness & Caffeine Report
$250 (valued at $376)
This package includes:
- DEXA Body Composition scan
- Metabolic Energy Testing (RMR and Energy Test)
- myDNA Diet Report, myDNA Fitness Report & myDNA Caffeine report
- Report emailed within 1 hr
For additional $40, a detailed explanation of the DEXA results for initial scan will be provided.
For additional $80, detailed explanation of both DEXA results and Metabolic testing are provided and may include some specific recommendations.
DEXA Body Composition Scan
Our DEXA scanner is a safe medical grade diagnostic tool used for body composition analysis. To have a scan, you’ll simply be asked to lie flat on the padded table while the arm of the machine passes over your body. The scan only takes 3 around minutes!
a) Total fat %, fat mass and lean mass, whole body and regional areas
b) Classification in terms of fat mass
c) Bone Mineral Density (non-diagnostic)
d) Visceral Fat score and relative risk of heart disease and diabetes
e) Daily caloric need based on your resting metabolic rate and the appropriate activity factor
Metabolic Energy Testing
Metabolism testing involves a 5-10 minute breath analysis, in a semi reclined position. During the test we would like you to relax and breathe as normally as possible through the mouthpiece.
Key parameters assessed are listed below and allows your practitioners to individualise your programmes based on your unique metabolism.
- Resting Metabolic Rate (Calories) – Is your metabolism fast or slow?
- Fuel Utilisation (Fat vs Glucose) – Are you burning the right fuels for weight loss?
- Energy Efficiency (%) – How efficient are your cells?
myDNA Diet, Fitness & Caffeine Report
- DNA analysis is a growing field of science. New evidence comes to light every day about the meaning of specific genetic results and how they can help guide our lifestyle choices
- It couldn’t be simpler. Swab the inside of your cheek and register your DNA sample online
- FAQ on myDNA, here
myDNA Diet Report
- Each person’s DNA is different, so a diet that works for one person may not work for you.
- Click here for sample report
myDNA Fitness Report
- Reveal your unique body type and may help you to find the best sports and exercises for you.
- Some people are built for speed. Others are built for distance. A DNA report can reveal your unique body type and help you to find the best sports and exercises for you.
- Click here for sample report
How should I prepare for the test?
In order to get accurate results you must ensure that your metabolism is resting and not influenced by external factors. Therefore the following pre-test instructions must be adhered to:
- Do not undertake strenuous exercise for a minimum of 12 hours prior to testing
- No eating or drinking (except water) for a minimum of 4 hours prior to testing, but less than 12 hours.
- Do not take stimulants (e.g. nicotine or caffeine) for a minimum of 4 hours prior to testing
- No alcohol consumption for a minimum of 12 hours prior to testing.
- No hot showers/baths for a minimum of 4 hours prior to testing
- Continue to take any prescribed medication as per normal
Please complete questionnaire prior to test: Body Composition Information PDF